CBS Sports Week 8 Blogpoll
I have no strong feelings about this ballot. USC rocks/Pac-10 rocks cocks. We’ve heard it all before.
- Alabama is starting to feel the heat, holding off a second straight SEC . That being said, I can easily see Texas and Penn State going down and ‘Bama rolling this weekend, setting up the cage deathmatch in Death Valley the second week of November as the only thing standing between that crook Saban and a BCS bid.
- Like Oklahoma and Utah right where they are. Oklahoma State ices down Robert Griffin, setting up a top ten matchup that 30 percent of the country will see. Thanks ESPN!
- USC gets the weekly honor of scoring 60 on Washington State (that’s the fourth team this season that’s put up sixty or more on them). So they move nowhere because their win proves nothing.
- Georgia moves up four spots for outlasting a solid Vandy team that will give the Gators all sorts of fits in three weeks. LSU outlasts a feisty South Carolina team. I still have no clue about either of those teams. The picture will become even more muddled next week.
- TCU could very well play a part in the BCS if they knock off Utah. Caveat: They’ll only have five days of rest before that game, and they have to travel to Utah. The Utes still seem to be in paramount position to earn that BCS bid if they just keep on winning.
- Tulsa runs up 77 points. Tulsa earns three bigger spots. Tulsa will be punished for this by the football gods.
- Surprised that Pitt moved up this high, but I guess romping the Midshipmen is all you need to climb the ladder. I’m sure a quizzical Wannstache loss is coming.
- Minnesota and Northwestern jump in because Michigan State and Cal jumped out. Well now.
- Four Pac-10 teams are on the outside looking in–Arizona, Oregon, Cal and Oregon State. If one of them could just win three in a row, they might be in the top 25 to stay. Alas they have yet to do so, so that means…
- …earning the handicapped #24 and #25 spots are Boston College and Georgia Tech, our two latest ACC “teams that barely won last week so they can lose this week”. Florida State was briefly considered until I realized beating a 2-5 NC State team by nine points doesn’t qualify as “worthy victory”.
- None Found